Sunday 9 October 2011

CELERY IS EVIL

How can you celery eaters eat something that tastes of poison? When you crunch celery in your mouth, the resulting taste is the same as when you decide to taste something you found in a hedgerow whilst walking in the countryside, then immediately spit out because all your senses immediately scream at you, "if you swallow this, you will die"!

Remember when you were a kid, and you decided to lick that white sap that comes out when you break a dandelion stem because it looked like milk? THAT'S WHAT CELERY TASTES LIKE!

There must have been some kind of mass-brainwash carried out by celery sellers, because there's no way that a sane person would voluntarily subject themselves to that taste, never mind professing to actually like it!

It wouldn't surprise me at all if scientists were to discover that eating celery causes aids, or cancer, or anything else equally as nasty. And that the people who live to 103 have done so because they never ate celery.

There are many other green things that you can eat if you must, and most of them won't make you pull a face that looks like Andrew Lloyd-Webber when you taste them.

Brian Goodwin, Chairman, The Celery is Poison Awareness Campaign, 2011.

3 comments:

Caviar & Meths said...

Mushrooms, however, are very nice. And people who say they don't like them because they 'feel weird on your tongue' are just freaks!

Eddie said...

I also think that celery tastes like poison. Everyone I know says it's all in my head and celery just "tastes like water". Nope, I completely agree with you. When I take a bite of celery it tastes acrid. My brain screams "Don't swallow this, it's poison!"

I wish I could like it, because restaurants put it in everything it seems like. But I just can't handle it.

Unknown said...

Same for me! This is so true and I think I've just discovered why: http://reasoniamhere.com/2013/09/24/why-10-of-the-population-hates-cilantro-and-the-rest-doesnt-know-any-better/

Post a Comment